Marble Polishing & Etch Remover Pads - Manual Kit
Now you can quickly remove dull spots, glass rings, acid etch marks, and light scratches from honed or polished marble, travertine, and limestone with this DIY Etch Remover & Marble Polishing Pads Manual Kit.
No tools or experience needed!
Note: not for use on granite. Also, restoring black marble is more difficult, may require extra effort, or professional help. Green marble is hard like granite. For polishing both green marble and granite use the Granite Polishing Kit.
Save hundreds of dollars on professional marble repair! Refinish and restore store your marble, travertine, and limestone countertops, floor tile, and shower tile to like-new condition.
Coverage: Multiple etch marks can be removed with this kit. Total coverage = 10 - 13 square feet but can vary depending on the surface type and condition.
- ( 1 ) Pad Holder
- ( 1 ) each of the finishing pads: Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Green (see pad color use below)
- Instruction manual with details for each step and color-coded pad.
Features & Benefits:
- No tools or experience necessary
- Pads are flexible to fit into corners and tight spaces
- Pads are reusable
- All you need is water
- No chemicals required (although the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Powder can be used with the pads if desired for the highest gloss)
- Repair light scratches and etch marks
- Restore both honed and polished surfaces
Tips for Use:
- First, clean with Granite & Marble Cleaning Spray. After restoration on a “polished” finish use the Topical Stone Polish for enhanced color and shine.
- Use clean water with each step.
- Each pad color is used for a specific step from resurfacing to honing to polishing (if desired).
- Each step (pad color) builds on the finish achieved from the previous step.
- Continue with each step of the process until desired surface finish is achieved for that step.
- Stop after using Yellow for a honed finish or Blue for a more satin finish
- If too much shine is achieved simply change back to a previous pad and rework the area.
Pad Color Codes:
- Red = Resurfacing. It removes surface stains and scratches, including etch marks.
- Orange = Preparation. It refines and smooths the surface after resurfacing to prepare for finishing.
- Yellow = Honing. Using the yellow pad will achieve the matte / satin sheen of a “honed” finish.
- Blue = Intensify and polish. It begins to polish the surface to a shine by intensifying surface brightness.
- Green = Glossy. Use the green pad to generate a super-glossy finish. This is the last step in the process (unless finishing a honed surface then don’t use the Green pad. Stop at Blue or Yellow as desired).
An Essential Marble Polishing & Repair Product
Marble, travertine, and limestone are calcite-based stones that are sensitive to acidic foods, drinks, and most cleaning products. Contact with these substances causes “etching” which is a mark of corrosion like a chemical burn.
Etch marks are dull, chalky spots that sometimes look clear or can only be seen from certain angles. They are never dark. Often they are called “water spots” however they are not caused by pure water.
Note: etch marks are not “stains”. Stains occur when a substance absorbs leaving a dark spot that requires a different process to remove. See the Granite & Marble Stain Removal Poultice.