- Product Reviews
Marble, Grout & Granite Stain Removal Poultice
Stain Reaper Marble & Granite Stain Removal Poultice Paste makes removing stains in natural stone a snap. Use for coffee and wine stain removal, grease and cooking oil stains, urine stains, and other organic stains in granite, marble, travertine, limestone, terrazzo, all natural stone, and other porous surfaces.
Excellent for concrete stains and grout stain removal. Quick and easy DIY application.
Stain Removal Guide
Granite and marble stains are caused when a substance absorbs into the pores of the stone creating a dark spot (not to be confused with etching, which leaves a dull and light-colored spot). Stains cannot be simply scrubbed away and must be drawn out of the stone.
This specially-formulated and powerful DIY stain remover poultice works deep into the stone to lift out and remove the staining substance without damaging the countertop or tile surface finish.
Most travertine, granite and marble stains are not permanent and can be removed following this simple procedure:
- Wet the area to be treated for stain removal.
- Scoop out the amount of paste needed to cover the stain as indicated below.
- Apply poultice paste to the stain 1/8 to 1/4 inch (.65 cm) thick and exceeding the edges of the stain 1/2 inch (1.25 cm) .
- Cover the entire poultice with standard plastic wrap.
- Tape down the edges of the plastic wrap with masking tape.
- Let sit on the stain for 24 hours. Then remove the plastic only.
- After removing only the plastic, do not touch the poultice. The important part comes next...
- Leave the poultice in place until it dries out completely (another 24 - 48 hours). It's this drying action that draws out the stain.
- Remove the dried poultice with a plastic spatula.
- Rinse the area with water and clean it with a stone cleaner.
Some stains may require repeat applications. Continue with repeat applications until the stain is removed.
For marble etching (dull spots, glass-rings and water stain removal) use the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Powder.
For hard water stains use the Soap Film / Hard Water Remover.
For mold & mildew stains use the Mold & Mildew Stain Remover.