- Product Reviews
The Marble Polishing Powder and Pad Kit is a fantastic, easy-to-use product that will renew the shine on polished marble, travertine, limestone, onyx, countertops, tile, and terrazzo. It will not etch surfaces with splatters. Remove etch marks, dull spots, glass rings and generally improve the glossy finish. Best for use over large areas.
- (1) 8 oz. Jar Marble Polishing Powder
- (1) 5-inch Drill Attachment w/Pad Driver
- (2) 5-inch Hogs Hair Pad
- (1) 5-inch White Pad
Directions for use:
- Mask off and protect cabinets, floors, and other nearby surfaces. Wear gloves and safety glasses. A standard variable-speed household drill can be used with the included 5-inch drill attachment and hogs hair pad, however, for best results, use a right-angle grinder/polisher.
- Clean the surface and remove any sealers, coatings, waxes, grease, and/or soil.
- Apply 1/3 ounce of the marble polishing powder per 2 to 3 square feet of the surface and enough water to create a wet but thick paste that does not splatter. Add more water with a spray bottle as you work the product to maintain a wet paste compound.
- Start by placing the powder in the center of the area to restore. Add water. Lightly mix into a paste-like marble polishing compound.
- Place your drill or angle grinder with hogs hair pad directly on top of the paste.
- Starting at low speed spread the marble polishing paste out over the 2-3 sq. ft. area. Pressure needed will vary depending on the stone, but generally, an even light pressure works well.
- Polish on a slow-speed setting for approximately one minute per square foot continually moving the polishing pad in slow, small circles.
- Wipe the area clean of all paste and remove any residue using the Granite & Marble Cleaning Spray.
- Assess progress and results. Repeat if necessary or move onto the next area.
Tip: The marble polishing pad works well to get good results close to sinks, faucets, tub surrounds, edges, and tight spaces.
NOTE: Not for use on black or green marble. Black marble is a difficult marble to polish and green marble is extra hard and cannot be polished with this product. For black or green marble or for rough and more severely etched surfaces use the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Pads Drill Kit linked just below.
For small spot treatment consider the Stone Care: Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Powder or the complete Marble Repair and Polishing Kit.
For restoration of honed marble and travertine surfaces use the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Pads Drill Kit.