- Product Reviews
The EZ Marble Polishing and Pads Kit is an easy-to-use DIY product that will renew the shine on polished marble, travertine, limestone, onyx, countertops, tile, and terrazzo. It will not etch surfaces with splatters. Remove etch marks, dull spots, and glass rings and improve the glossy finish. The drill attachment and polishing pads enable the restoration of large etched areas with minimal effort.
Easy Oxy is a powerful oxygenated multi-surface cleaner safe for use on marble, granite, quartz countertops, travertine, concrete, Corian and solid surface, cultured marble, porcelain, furniture, walls, carpets, and fabric.
- Neutral pH 7
- Fresh, clean scent
- Excellent degreaser
Removes many types of soils and stains such as:
Coffee, tea, soda, Kool-Aid, crayon, ink, grease, blood, grass stains, pet stains, juice, red wine, lipstick, and more.
Directions for using Easy Oxy:
Spray onto the surface and wipe until clean and dry. Or spray onto a cloth and wipe over the entire surface. On heavily soiled areas, allow the cleaner to dwell for 1-2 minutes, without drying, before scrubbing (if needed) and wiping away. For fabric cleaning, first test on an inconspicuous area.
- (1) 8 oz. Jar Marble Polishing Powder
- (1) 5-inch Drill Attachment w/Pad Driver
- (2) 5-inch Hogs Hair Pad
- (1) 5-inch White Pad
- (1) 32 oz. bottle Oxygenated Cleaner
Directions for using the Marble Polishing Powder and Pads:
- Mask off and protect cabinets, floors, and other nearby surfaces. Wear gloves and safety glasses. A standard variable-speed household drill can be used with the included 5-inch drill attachment and hogs hair pad, however, for best results, use a right-angle grinder/polisher.
- Remove any coatings or waxes (not common except on very old marble).
- Use Easy Oxy Cleaner to remove debris, grease, and/or soils. Buff completely dry.
- Work with only a small area at any one time (i.e. 2-3 square feet).
- Start by placing 1/3 ounce of powder in the center of the area to restore. Add a small amount of water with a spray bottle. Lightly mix into a thick paste (like peanut butter) that is not runny and does not spread on its own.
- Apply 1/3 ounce of the marble polishing powder per 2 to 3 square feet of the surface, spritz with water to make a paste that does not splatter. Add more water with a spray bottle as you work the product to maintain a wet (but thick) paste compound.
- Place your drill or angle grinder with the hog's hair pad directly on top of the paste.
- Starting at low speed spread the marble polishing paste out over the 2-3 sq. ft. area. The pressure needed will vary depending on the stone, but generally, an even and light pressure works well.
- Polish on a slow-speed setting for approximately one minute per square foot continually moving the polishing pad in slow, small circles.
- After 2-4 minutes of polishing...
- Wipe the area clean of all paste using the Granite & Marble Cleaning Spray.
- Attach the white pad to your drill or angle grinder, spray the surface with water only (on powder) and buff at low-medium speed to remove any remaining residue as the final step in the polishing process.
- Assess progress and results. Repeat if necessary or move onto the next area.
Tip: The marble polishing pad works well to get good results close to sinks, faucets, tub surrounds, edges, and tight spaces.
NOTE: Not for use on black or green marble. Black marble is a difficult marble to polish and green marble is extra hard and cannot be polished with this product. For black or green marble or for rough and more severely etched surfaces use the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Pads Drill Kit linked just below.
For small spot treatment consider the Stone Care: Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Powder or the complete Marble Repair and Polishing Kit.
For restoration of honed marble and travertine surfaces use the Etch Remover / Marble Polishing Pads Drill Kit.